Saturday, October 20, 2012

And We're Back!

It is totally my bad that we lost our blog.  I deleted my old email address and unknown to me, it also deleted our blog.  But the good new is, we are back!  And, we have several adventures to report.

Item 1)

Ben has joined with Big Brother/Big Sister and is the the Big to an awesome Little.  He usually takes him out to eat and then some sort of activity. i.e. put-put golfing, bowling, laser tag, etc.  All of these events are meant to strengthen their relationship so that the Little can look up to Ben as a role model or mentor.  Ben's Little lost his dad, Ben has tried to step into that role and has done an awesome job.  When they went to play laser tag, Ben taught his Little from Sun Tzu and the Art of War.  Ben stood at the top of the "mountain" and picked the little kids off one by one.  They played 4 rounds and Ben never got less than 3rd place.  

Last weekend, Ben wanted to work in the garage with power tools.  We had to build an Angry Birds game for my nephew's birthday party as well as the Primary Halloween Party, so Ben thought this was the perfect teaching opportunity. Here are some pictures of their adventures:


Ben and Dad using the jig saw to cut the holes

Adding the felt

This was Ben's brilliant idea to get the felt through the holes

Using the drill to install the easel


Finished product!

We are going to add green balloons with faces for the  pigs and then I bought smaller kick balls, 2 red and 1 blue and I am going to paint the Angry Bird faces on them.  The goal is to throw the ball through the hole and knock the pigs.  It should be a blast.  We were testing it out in the garage and all of the neighborhood kids came up and asked if they could play with us.  Kid Approved!

Item 2)


Grace Potter and the Nocturnals

We were able to go with the majority of my family to the Grace show at the Ryman.  We had dinner and then headed to the show.  It was amazing.  Her entire set list was requests.  Her stage manager would come out with a new song list after reviewing the tweets that the audience requested.  I didn't get to hear Like a Prayer, but everything else was amazing!  Ben and I were on our feet dancing the entire show.  We loved it!  Here are some pics:






Grace Rockin' It Out!


Stars!!!!!!


Ben said I had to put my face on this blog post, so here's my face









No comments:

Post a Comment