Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Catching up

 Earlier this month a new Stake was organized and we had the opportunity to hear from Elder Christofferson.  He is so amazing, and I love being taught by living apostles.  I was even able to shake his hand!  I was also able to speak with Elder Ballard when he was here a few years ago.  2 down, 13 to go!  (For those of you who don't know, I have a goal to meet all the apostles).

Ben and I have also attended a few Vanderbilt basketball games.  It's going to take a few years before we are competitive but it is still fun to be in Memorial Gym. We have also started following a few NBA teams just so we can watch our boys that were drafted last year.  One of my favorite fall/winter things is basketball and Ben has become a fan as well.  He's still a football dude, but he's coming around.

Last week my Mom and Steve took all of us girls to see White Christmas at TPAC.  We met for dinner at Bricktops (yummy) and then headed to the show.  It was so much fun and we had great seats.  The singing/costumes/actors, etc were great.  We love that movie and we watch it every year.  Rachel and I have been known to dance and sing the "Sister Act".


Last weekend the boys went camping and we had a girls weekend.  Rachel and I went to Jenn's house Friday night and we got our hair done, had pizza, and watched the first half of the last Twilight movie.  Nothing like a slumber party in your 30's!  We even raided my nephews Halloween candy.  The next morning, after a wonderful breakfast by Jenn, we saw the new Twilight movie.  We loved it.  In my opinion, it is the best one.  We were totally confused at one point because some things were happening in the movie that weren't in the book, but then it worked out.  It was so nice to spend some girl time with my sisters!

After the movie I was able to spend a wonderful afternoon with my sisters from other mothers.  Shauna, Nada, Kristen and I met at Mimi's in Murfreesboro for birthday lunch!  We had such a fun time chatting and catching up.  We have been lifelong friends and it is wonderful to be able to spend time with people who know you so well and fill your soul. I'm so grateful for our friendships and love our birthday lunches!

Meanwhile, the boys went camping.  My dad does a camping trip for the men the weekend before Thanksgiving.  This year Dad, Chad, Carson, Ben, & Scott went.  I'll let Ben tell you about his experience.

Ben: I went camping last weekend, and had a ton of fun! We set up tents and sat around the campfire telling stories and eating chicken wings and potato wedges.  After warming up we retired to our tents and tried to sleep, but it was FREEZING! It must have gotten down to 15-20 degrees. I think I made it to 5:30 before finally giving in, I got up to build the fire. After an awesome breakfast we drove up to Edgar Evans State Park for a hike. I am looking forward to this yearly trip!











On Sunday Ben gave a talk on gratitude.  They had some extra time to fill, so the Bishopric called me up to bear my testimony.  There is nothing like being called out while you're planning your primary lesson in the middle of sacrament meeting!  Ben did an awesome job and shared some sweet experiences about his mom, dad, President Sandstrom, Sister Brandon and his grandpa.  He's so amazing and I am grateful for him and his testimony.


* I had Ben's permission before I posted this:

Accidents happen, we all know that.  At work today Ben blew out his pants.  I think it's because he's lactose intolerant but he doesn't believe me.  But the proof is in the pants:




I think this post is long enough and I will be posting again soon for our fun Thanksgiving/Birthday weekend plans!


No comments:

Post a Comment